Culled from closets, attics and basements in 1981, the collections of the Black River Historical Society found a permanent home in 1994 at the Moore House, now a site on the National Register of Historic Places.
Built in 1906 for Lorian Mayor Lenord Moore and his family, the beautifully restored home now houses the society's collections. Displays feature the Lorain Lighthouse, the 1924 Lorain tornado, the city's, shipbuilding and steel-making industries, war memorabilia, period house wares, fashions, and toys. Our archives include books, newspapers articles, and over 15, 000 photographs.
The Museum's first floor has disabled access wilth video of the second floor. The research area involves climbing stairs.
The museum gift shop offer adn exclusive selection of items featuring the Lorain Lighthouse such as puzzles, ornaments, mugs, models, photographs and cut-outs. Our gift shop also has a variety of books, videos, and postcards.
Admission: $3.00 Adults $1.00 children.
Call for group tour information, and arragements.